Fire marshal: Man sent on fire by flames from kitchen stove


PONCHATOULA, La. (AP) The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the death of a 66-year-old Ponchatoula man who died in front of his kitchen gas stove that he was using as a heating source.

In a news release, state officials say investigators were summoned after the brother of Will Foster Jr. found his body in the kitchen of his wood-framed home Thursday morning.

Investigators believe that Foster, who habitually utilized the gas stove as a heating source, accidentally ignited gas vapors that had accumulated in the area of the stove top after several burners were turned on. When the vapors ignited, the victim’s clothing caught fire, which caused significant burn injuries.

The home suffered no notable damage as a result of the fire.

 

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Pel-State Featured Banner 970×90
Tomahawk Rentals Featured Banner 970×90
The Perfect Home 970×90
Swoop 970×90
font size